Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ester and Abi Ofarim

Peace and quiet all the way to the office this morning.

It appeared that the out-of-control part of my brain was having a lay-in.

I made a cup of tea before embarking on my first meeting of the day, and as I added the hot water, I caught myself whistling a tune.

That out-of-control part of my brain was singing along, curses!

"You're the lady, you're the lady that I love,
I'm the lady, the la-ady who..."

and so on.

The tune is called Cinderella Rockefella, and it was a hit in 1968.

This is a new low. My brain is now serving up iffy tunes from before I was born.

I have a horrible feeling I may just have proved that music played to a foetus has a lasting impact.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Furry, I sense you are a good man and I like your work, but thanks to your Cinderella Rockerfella posting I have those two in my head all afternoon, all evening (save for a brief respite with Hugh Laurie and a strange US accent) and then this morning.

A may have to place you in quarantine.

11:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home