Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hanging around... (Hanging a - rooouwnd)

Yes, we're hanging around (hanging a - rooouwnd)

Stranglers - circa 1981 ish

I have no reference point for this little gem - completely random - although it does make an appearance on a punk compilation album I own - but I bought that ten (?) years ago - one of those rash petrol forecourt purchases...

This morning it appeared in my head before I had even opened my eyes - my higher level functionality having been booted by the sound of my younger son shouting "daddy!" at 6:10am

It also set me off on a train of thought about songs you used to hear all the time, but not even Radio Two would play anymore - e.g. Golden Brown also by the Stranglers - mind you in the case of that song, we should thank the lord for small mercies.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do not hear the Monster Mash very often these days, Furry. Nor the Laughing Policeman nor the Laughing Gnome. Ed Stewpot used to play them on a weekly basis in my childhood.

'Ello darlin'. Do you remember that, Furry?

Ou sont les neiges d'antan? Indeed, indeed

12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home